Grant funding through the White Salmon Valley Education Foundation comes from individual community members and corporate sponsor donations. It is our goal to honor the generosity of our supporters by investing in quality and innovative proposals to enrich student learning in our public schools.
WSVEF funds innovative, well-crafted proposals that:
- Inspire students to engage and learn.
- Connect students with larger communities (regional, national, and international connections).
- Help teachers differentiate learning opportunities for the full spectrum of academic achievement and/or learning styles.
- Support real-world, hands-on team projects, and labs.
- Support innovative, exciting pilot projects or extensions / new dimensions to existing courses and programs.
- Invest in and inspire teachers through professional development.
- Expand students' skills and experiences in the use of technology.
Grant applications are scored based on how well the proposal addresses one or more of the above priorities. The Grant Review Committee includes two teachers, two community members, and one member of the WSVEF board of directors.