WSVEF Grant Writer
The White Salmon Valley Education Foundation (WSVEF) is seeking a part time contract Grant Writer. This position will work closely with the Executive Director of WSVEF and the White Salmon School District. This position is well suited for a highly organized self-starter with excellent administrative, grant-writing and communication skills. The White Salmon community has a long history of supporting and valuing public education, and the WSVEF is committed to maintaining our positive collaboration with the school district and the community to secure funding sources that will enhance educational opportunities for all of our students.
The WSVEF is a 501 © 3 non-profit organization with a mission to enrich the educational opportunities for students in the White Salmon Valley public schools. Over the last 11 years, through local fundraising efforts and grant writing, the WSVEF has contributed over 3 million dollars for our schools.
Scope of Work:
- Research, identify, prioritize and recommend grant funding sources to complement WSVEF’s work with the White Salmon School District
- Develop a strong working relationship with WSSD teachers, staff and administrators, and work to identify needs that could be met through outside grant funding.
- Work with WSSD teachers, staff and administrators to develop competitive projects for grant funding.
- Prepare and submit competitive grant proposals on behalf of WSVEF.
- Prepare and submit required grant reports
- Communicate regularly with WSVEF ED and Board on projects, grants and initiatives
- Represent the WSVEF and its mission to funding sources as well as the general public
- Maintain accurate records of all grant submissions, denials, and awards
- Attend WSVEF board meetings
- Strong writing skills
- Strong computer skills, including document and spreadsheet preparation, email/Gmail, and file management.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to listen and synthesize information from a wide array of stakeholders into a single document
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Passion for education
- Three years experience in grant writing
- Three years experience in project development
- Knowledge of White Salmon School District: its goals, staff, resources and challenges
- Interest and/or experience in K12 education
This job posting is for an independent contractor position. The contractor is neither agent nor employee of the WSVEF for any purpose and is not entitled to employee benefits.The White Salmon Valley Education Foundation is an equal opportunity organization. All qualified contractors will be given equal consideration regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
Resume and cover letters can be emailed to email@example.com until 5 PM on Monday, March 26th.