The White Salmon Valley Education Foundation (WSVEF) is seeking a Grape Escape Procurement Coordinator. This temporary, seasonal, stipended position will work closely with the Executive Director of WSVEF and the procurement team to acquire big-ticket items for WSVEF’s live auction as well as smaller donations for the Grape Escape fundraiser on October 6th. The position will span the spring to fall months, with peak times occurring mid to late summer. This position is well suited for a highly organized self-starter with excellent administrative and community outreach skills. The White Salmon community has a long history of supporting and valuing public education, and the WSVEF is committed to maintaining our positive collaboration with the school district and the community to secure funding sources that will enhance educational opportunities for all of our students. The WSVEF is a 501 © 3 non-profit organization with a mission to enrich the educational opportunities for students in the White Salmon Valley public schools. Over the last eleven years, through local fundraising efforts and grant writing, the WSVEF has contributed over three million dollars for our schools.
Scope of Work:
- Facilitate procurement for live auction, raffle & games.
- Assist with recruitment and management of procurement volunteers.
- Work with the Executive Director to determine procurement timelines.
- Communicate regularly with the Software Data Management volunteer.
- Draft auction items/packages catalog descriptions for the live auction.
- Coordinate volunteer bakers for the Dessert Dash.
- Coordinate with student art volunteer.
- Print gift certificates.
- Plan display of auction items for event night.
- Provide item/package photos for live auction slideshow.
- Communicate as needed with Grape Escape Event Coordinator, Dessert Dash Coordinator and Wine Procurement Coordinator.
- Identify and communicate event night setup needs to the Event Coordinator. Communicate with auctioneer as needed.
Write thank you letters to volunteers and item/package donors.
- Detail oriented, with strong computer skills, including document and spreadsheet preparation, email, and file management.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and lead/organize a team of volunteers.
- Experience soliciting donations from individuals, businesses and community organizations.
This opportunity is a temporary, seasonal position for an independent contractor and offers a $2,500 stipend at the completion of the project. The Contractor is neither agent nor employee of the WSVEF for any purpose and is not entitled to employee benefits.The White Salmon Valley Education Foundation is an equal opportunity organization. All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20, 2018.