Happy January snows to you all! The White Salmon Valley Education Foundation is growing and evolving. We are looking for a passionate and skilled person to help take the WSVEF into the next decade. We have a strong history of benefit to White Salmon schools, having facilitated over $2.2 million into our district since 2006. Help us to keep working to provide a community of kids with a world of opportunity!
Below you will find the Executive Director job posting. Please share with anyone and everyone in your personal and professional network that you think may be a great fit for this position! Inquiries can be directed to Anne-Marie Slater at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Director, White Salmon Valley Education Foundation
The White Salmon Valley Education foundation is a 501 © 3 non-profit organization with a mission to enrich the educational opportunities for students in the White Salmon Valley public schools. Over the last ten years, through local fundraising efforts and grants secured from outside organizations, the WSVEF foundation raised over 2 million dollars for our schools. Each fall and spring, the foundation awards $20,000 in grant funding to support innovative programs that build 21st century skills and connect students with real world experiences, promote technology as a modern instructional tool, and provide educators with opportunities for professional development.
The WSVEF is seeking a part time (20 hours per week) Executive Director to execute the mission and strategic plan of the foundation, as determined by the Board of Directors, including overseeing administrative functions, fund raising efforts, marketing, volunteers, and community outreach. This position is well suited for a highly organized self-starter with excellent administrative, fundraising and communication skills. If you are detail oriented and like to work with people, are passionate about education, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and can multitask and manage your time, this is an excellent opportunity to lead a successful grass roots educational non-profit as we move into our second decade. The White Salmon community has a long history of supporting and valuing public education and the WSVEF is committed to maintaining our positive collaboration with the school district and the community to secure funding sources that will enhance educational opportunities for all of our students.
Essential Job Functions:
Organizational Governance: work closely with the Board of Directors and committees to develop and execute the mission and strategic plan, communicate effectively with the Board through meetings and presentations, assist with identifying organizational priorities, needs and opportunities and ensure Foundation goals are met.
- Administrative Operations: work with the Board treasurer, bookkeeper and financial manager to monitor foundation endowment, budget and expenses, track grant awards and invoices, manage grant review and award process, work with legal counsel to prepare and file all necessary legal filings, handle mail, bank deposits, and donor communication, prepare agendas and notes for Board and sub-committee meetings.
- Fundraising: oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including large fundraising events, cultivate and maintain relationships with donors and sponsors, identify new fund raising opportunities, support grant writing efforts, develop and implement a marketing and messaging plan, use a variety of media to communicate with donors and potential funding sources.
- Community Outreach: represent the organization to school administrators, teachers, families, students, donors, businesses, and the community at large with professionalism and positivity, actively recruit volunteers and board members, share the mission, vision, goals and accomplishments of the foundation through social and news media, presentations, videos, press releases, newsletters and the WSVEF website.
Key Applicant Attributes:
- Educational Knowledge-Understand local educational needs, concerns, standards and goals. Monitor educational research, legislative updates, and best practices and use this knowledge to direct the mission of the organization.
- Leadership and Management Skills- Ability to lead by example, set clear expectations, facilitate groups and monitor organizational performance.
- Effective Communication-Ability to clearly articulate information through media presentations, written reports, emails, conversations and documentation to others within and outside the organization.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making-Ability to identify problems, compile information to solve them, act decisively and show good judgment.
- Organizing and Planning– Possess strong organizing and planning skills, manage time, effectively prioritize multiple tasks to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Results Orientation-Ability to maintain focus on short and long term goals, value outcomes and produce results.
- Team Player– Ability to effectively work with other members of the organization and understand the role of the Executive Director within the larger non-profit organizational structure.
- Initiative- Ability to be proactive and make things happen, take personal responsibility to act without being directly managed on a day to day basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, education, or related field.
- 3-5 years in a leadership role in operational management with an education focused organization.
- Experience in strategic planning, financial management, fundraising, grant writing and marketing preferred.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and maintain credibility within and outside the organization.
- Strong writing, organizational and communication skills.
- High level of proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Office programs.
- Physical activities can include standing, walking, lifting, pushing or carrying heavy objects, sitting for long periods of time, keyboarding, and other computer and desk work.
To apply for this position please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please format all responses in Microsoft Word.
Thank you for your consideration and application. Application deadline is January 31, 2017.
- Location: White Salmon, WA
- Compensation: DOE. White Salmon Valley Education Foundation offers competitive wages and benefits.
- The White Salmon Valley Education is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
- Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.